Through making music, any young person, regardless of their background, should have opportunities to discover their creativity and fulfill their potential.
Upfaders increases access to high quality music opportunities for young people through an outreach programme and a music production and performance programme.
By getting involved in one of our projects, young people will be joining our youth music collective and have the opportunity to produce original tracks, cut 12″ vinyl dubplates and develop DJ and MC techniques to tear it up at one of our end-of-project gigs.
Through the power of music, Upfaders aims to:
- Enable young people to realise their creative potential
- Increase music making opportunities to young people
- Develop participants’ personal and social skills, such as self-confidence and self-esteem
- Develop participants music making, music technology and music production skills
- To develop participants ICT skills
- Provide National Level 1 and Level 2 accreditation through the Arts Award scheme
- Engage young people in positive and new activities and have a good time
If you like to find out more about Upfaders, please visit our Contact Us page.
Upfaders is a City of York Council Inclusive Arts project powered by Youth Music.